Listen to the Interview
Hello and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 12. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Jonty Young, a seasoned freelancer who is from the UK and based in Chicago.
In this week’s episode, we take a deep dive into the freelancing world. We cover a ton of topics, including:
- Getting your first projects and building your portfolio
- Managing clients and their expectations
- How to start charging for your work, the right way
- The pros and cons of freelancing while working a full-time job
- How to make sure you get paid
- Whether or not it’s important to have a contract
… and more. Seriously, if you’re thinking about freelancing, or are a freelancer, this episode is packed with value.
Here are some links we refer to in the episode:
- Jonty’s Personal Website: http://jontyyoung.com
- Jonty’s Twitter: @jontyoung
- Jonty’s Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/jontyoung/
- Portfolio Website Templates:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
Special thanks to Jonty for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.