Listen to the Interview
Hello, and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 29. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Johnny FD, one of the most visible content creators in the Digital Nomad space.
Johnny is known for many things, including running the annual Nomad Summit, where over 400 experienced and aspiring location-independent entrepreneurs gather from around the globe for a day of inspiring talks and networking.
In this episode, Johnny reveals it all. From being an avid raver, pickup artist, dive master, and Muay Thai fighter, he shares his entire life journey and shares his lessons learned along the way. In addition, Johnny shares his thoughts on the growth of the digital nomad community and how aspiring content creators can make a name for themselves in this space.
I thank Johnny for his radical transparency for his willingness to hop on the podcast to share his story with you all.
Links we talked about:
- My Fight Camp – Johnny’s blog from his Muay Thai days
- 12 Weeks in Thailand (E-Book)
- Life Changes Quick (E-Book)
- 2017 Negativity Free Challenge (Blog Post)
- Johnny’s Blog – http://www.johnnyfd.com
- Why mindset is important – 2:00
- The first time Johnny realized he was different – 5:00
- On finding happiness through raving in high school – 6:00
- Attending UC Irvine – 11:00
- Starting his first blog on Xanga – 12:30
- Johnny’s experience in the pickup artist scene – 14:30
- Why he decided to move to Thailand – 22:00
- Why you shouldn’t start a business right away – 23:45
- The importance of mastering a skill – 25:00
- On becoming a Muay Thai fighter – 27:30
- Why everyone should push themselves mentally and physically to the limit – 30:00
- Why there are so few content creators in digital nomad space – 36:00
- On becoming Johnny FD and what FD stands for – 40:30
- On the origins of Nomad Summit – 46:00
- The growth of DN community in Chiang Mai – 49:30
- On people who hate their jobs – 56:00
- The importance of setting goals in your life – 58:30
- Johnny’s goals for 2017 – 1:01:30
- Johnny’s advice for up and coming content creators – 1:06:30
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Johnny for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.