Listen to the Interview
Hello and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 25. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Jeff Sloan, the head of business intelligence at eMoov.co.uk and a participant on Remote Year. Jeff and I both attended the University of Chicago, and back when I knew him in school he was an aspiring DJ.
In this interview, Jeff shares his experience from living in his parents’ basement after graduating from college to becoming a participant on the Remote Year program within a two-year time span. He also shares his experiences as part of Remote Year now that he’s in his final month.
I’ve learned so much from this interview! It’s a fantastic mix of personal development and travel so I know you will too!
Follow Jeff at:
- How Jeff became a remote worker – 2:00
- Expectations versus reality after graduation – 4:00
- What he learned from living in his parents’ basement after graduation- 5:00
- How he got involved in data analysis – 13:00
- Being bitten by the travel bug – 16:00
- Applying for the Remote Year (RY) program – 18:00
- On leaving his job to participate on Remote Year – 20:00
- Finding a job with one month to go before RY – 21:30
- How RY met and surpassed expectations in every way – 23:00
- The impact of traveling with a community – 24:30
- Pros and cons moving every month to a new place – 27:00
- Favorite and least favorite places visited- 30:30
- Places he would live in for 3 to 6 months – 35:30
- Plans after RY – 37:00
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Jeff for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.