Listen to My Monthly Update
Greetings from Taipei, Taiwan and welcome to my January 2017 remote update! This is the very first month of my 7 months of travel in 2017 so I’ve got lots to share.
In an effort to make things easier for you, I’ve separated my update into three sections:
- Where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing
- Lessons learned
- Updates on my web agency Tandem Designs and on The Remote Lifestyle
I’ll also be including timestamped notes below and also links to anything I referred to so you have everything you need right here.
Time Stamped Notes:
- Where I’ve been the past month
- Shanghai, China – 1:40
- Bangkok, Thailand – 2:40
- Taipei, Taiwan – 4:15
- Things I’ve learned this month – 6:35
- Things are so much more affordable here – 6:50
- Why affordability makes such a difference to your quality of life – 7:21
- Learning the local language is so important – 9:20
- Get a credit card with no foreign transaction fee (travel hacking article) – 11:00
- Always pay in the local currency if given the choice – 12:10
- Withdraw some cash in your home currency so that you can exchange it upon arrival at your destination – 12:50
- ATM fees are the devil – 13:15
- Get an account at Charles Schwab to avoid ATM fees (how to apply for an account) – 13:45
- Get T-Mobile if you’re US-based and planning on traveling around the world – 14:40
- Why you should always put your phone on low-power mode – 16:00
- Tandem Designs Update
- Work has not changed at all even though I’m halfway across the world – 16:40
- The power of outsourcing, setting up systems and processes – 17:00
- Rebranding the agency website – 18:06
- The Remote Lifestyle Updates
- I’m no longer writing blog articles – 18:46
- Good results with the podcast – 19:30
- Big focus for 2017 is my YouTube Channel – 20:48
- Made my first $100 from the blog – 23:00
- Why this first month traveling has already made me realize that I made the right choice to pursue this lifestyle – 23:40
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.