Listen to the Interview
Hello and welcome to The Remote Podcast Episode 23. This podcast is all about location independence, digital nomadism, and living life on your terms.
Each week we interview a new guest on the show, and this week I sat down with Charles Du, an award-winning product manager, UX designer, lecturer, and international keynote speaker. Charles teaches people online how to become software product managers or digital nomads. He is also a participant in the inaugural Remote Year program.
In this week’s episode, we discuss Charles’ journey on becoming a digital nomad, his experiences on Remote Year, and his scientific approach to experimenting with his life to maximize growth opportunities.
Follow Charles at:
- Learn to become a product manager – ProductCharles.com
- Learn to become a digital nomad – NomadCharles.com
- Listen to interview with digital nomads – Going Remote Podcast
Time Stamped Notes:
- Overview of how Charles became a Digital Nomad – 2:00
- How attending Burning Man inspired him to pursue personal growth – 4:33
- His hypothesis on travel and growth – 7:15
- Why he decided to leave his job – 9:30
- On why he didn’t hate his job, but quit anyway – 10:00
- How running experiments helped him decide to apply for Remote Year – 12:00
- Summary of his experience on Remote Year – 18:00
- Long term sustainability as a digital nomad – 20:00
- Places he liked and didn’t like – 21:30
- Dating as a digital nomad – 24:00
- What to look for in a digital nomad city – 25:00
- The goals he accomplished and didn’t while on Remote Year – 26:00
- How he applies UX design principles to his life – 30:00
- Goals for the year – 35:30
- What he looks for in a relationship now that he’s a digital nomad – 36:30
- The one piece of advice he has for aspiring digital nomads – 38:00
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share using the social media buttons on the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Remote Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, if you like what you hear, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast using the buttons below:
Special thanks to Charles for joining me this week. Until next time!
Want Me On Your Podcast?
Like what you heard and want me to be on your podcast? Visit this page for more information.
Want to Become a Digital Nomad?
Join my exclusive 7-part email course “Become a Digital Nomad in 7 Steps – Even If You Have No Idea Where to Start”, where I teach you exactly how to ditch your job and become a digital nomad.
The content in this course is exclusive and you won’t find it anywhere else on the blog. Get immediate access now by clicking the button below.